Swisscontact – Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation is a Swiss non-profit organization, which carries out projects aiming at reducing poverty.
Position Type: Full Time
Probation Period: 3 months
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Eligible Applicants: Based in Morogoro with irregular travel to other locations within TanzaniaNationals
Application Deadline: 7/18/2022
Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to enhance youth (self-employment for the Vocational Skills Development system. It supports the government and private sector stakeholders to expand access to quality training that matches the demand from both the economy and youth. The project improves the relevance of labor market data for curriculum development, enhances the quality of vocational teachers through continuing professional development, and provides access to tailor-made practical vocational training for youth in particular for women including young mothers.
Swisscontact is currently looking for a Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Coordinator, to be based in its offices in Morogoro.
Under the supervision of the LMA and MRM Expert, the Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) coordinator will:
- Support the setting-up and management of the MRM system, in particular the database set-up and implementation.
Support the design and implementation of MRM data collection, analysis, and reporting.
The MRM coordinator will perform the following tasks:
Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM)
- Support the overall collection, management and capturing of data and results.
- Review and analyse collected data and information, providing feedback on progress, achievements and challenges faced, as well as any corrective action required.
- Support technical teams with relevant results information, analysis, and updating of intervention plans as part of review meeting implementation.
- Provide inputs to support revisions of the MRM manual and other overall documentation.
Studies and reports
- Manage the implementation of studies and the preparation of related, written reports on SET activities, in collaboration with technical staff, and partners.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of reports to the donor, the Government of Tanzania, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all written reports, MRM tools, and guidelines are up-to-date and accessible, as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the LMA and MRM expert.
Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Coordinator Opportunity at Swisscontact
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- Bachelor in statistics, economics, computer science, data science or related studies
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative/qualitative research in a similar position in the private sector or project
- Experience using knowledge and skills across the data value chain (collection, cleaning analysis and visualization)
- Experience in a statistical analysis programme such as Excel or STATA is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and interest to expand knowledge on using IT in the workplace
- Attention to detail and to quality of data
- Analytical and writing skills in English
- Willingness and ability to learn
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 18 July 2022. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview